Sunday 11 September 2016

Back from the dead

I know I haven't been here for a while. Being an independent writer has many pros, such as greater freedom, better royalties, and flexibility concerning projects. It also means a staggering amount of work to promote yourself. Amazon is giving everyone a chance to publish their books, so all and sundry dug out their manuscripts and gave it a go, no editing, no proofreading, not even thinking involved. As a result, about 95% of books I've read by independent writers are atrocious. No full stops, no paragraphs, no sentences, dialogue that reads like a stilted shopping list with verbs, etc. The few writers that are worth one's time and money are buried under the sheer numbers, and discovering them is like looking for a needle in a needle factory. Consequently, no matter how much promoting one may do, the results are often down-heartening. This made me depressed and I decided to take a break for the sake of my sanity, hence my absence.  I do apologise and hope you missed me. :)

On the good side of news, there is a video review of my book. I am really excited! It is a reading of my first short story, as well as comments.


Thank you for watching. Also, my gratitude to the reviewer for taking the time and trouble to make the video. I really do appreciate it and it is very helpful.

If you too would like to give my book a go, you can find it by clicking on the link below. You can read the first and second story for free by downloading a free sample. I promise you it will be an emotional roller coaster you will not forget any time soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment